Ordinary Stock FAQ

Who are your Registrars and what do they do?
TELKOM has appointed Datindo Entrycom as Registrars. The Registrars administrated TELKOM's shareholder list. They are responsible for ensuring the shareholder details are recorded accurately.

How do I contact your Registrars?
For shareholder enquiries registration detail, shares certificates, amount of dividend payments and any rights distribution according ownership of TELKOM shares, please contact our Registrars by writing to:
PT Datindo Entrycom
Puri Datindo – Wisma Sudirman
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav.34-35,
Jakarta 10220 - Indonesia
Telp. +62 21 5709009 Fax +62 21 5709026
email : aguseka@datindo.com

How do I buy and sell shares?
If you want to buy TELKOM shares you have to open securities account in a registered stockbroker in Indonesia Stock Exchange. Then you may instruct you stockbrokers to buy TELKOM shares.
If you holding TELKOM shares certificates, you have to open the securities account in a registered stock brokers, then you have to convert the share certificates into script-less form, before you instruct your brokers to sell your TELKOM shares. The commission charges for buying and selling shares vary between the different stockbrokers.

Where are TELKOM shares traded?
TELKOM shares are traded on the Indonesian Stock Exchange and, in the form of American Depositary Shares (ADSs), on the New York Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange.

What are share certificates?
Share certificates are evidence of your ownership of the shares.

What happens if I lose my share certificate?
The Registrars keep a record of the registration detail such as name, address and the number of shares. If your certificates are lost, stolen or destroyed, the Registrars can arrange for the issue of duplicate certificates. Simply contact the Registrars as soon as you can, quoting your ID. The Registrars will inform you the procedure of issuing a duplicate certificate.

How do I find out how many TELKOM shares I hold?
You can determine the number of shares you hold in your name on the shares certificate or when the shares in the script-less form, your brokers or custody will issued statement of your securities account. You may contacting the Registrars to received the confirmation the number of TELKOM shares you hold.

What should I do if I change my name or address?
If you change your name on getting married or for any other reason, please notify the Registrars, enclosing a copy of your marriage certificate or the relevant legal document.
If you change your address you will need to send a signed letter to the Registrars notifying them of the change.

How do I transfer my PT TELKOM shares to someone else?
You may at some point wish to transfer your shares to someone else (for example, your spouse or partner or in an 'off market' sale). As these transactions usually do not involve a stockbroker, you can use a stock transfer form which can be obtained from our Registrars.
The transfer form and share certificate (totaling at least the number of shares on the transfer) should be forwarded to the Registrars. Do not worry if the share certificates represent more shares than the transfer. If this is the case, the Registrars will send you a share certificate representing the balance. If you are in doubt or would like a stock transfer form, please contact our Registrars.

Do I have to pay stamp duty on my shares transfer?
This is dependent on the nature of the transaction taking place. As a general rule if no consideration or money is changing hands, then the transaction is not liable for stamp duty. However, there are several instances where stamp duty has to be paid and for full guidelines you should refer to the reverse of the Stock Transfer Form. If you require any further information please contact our Registrars.

May I hold shares jointly with someone else?
Yes you may. Please contact our Registrars.
My spouse/partner/relative has passed away. What should I do with their shareholding?
Please contact our Registrars at your earliest opportunity to establish which documents you will need to forward to them. This may involve a Certificate of Confirmation or Small Estates procedure, Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration. Our Registrars will ensure that this process is made as straightforward as possible for you.

Can I check my shareholding on the Internet?.
Not in this time, but not longer you may contact your stockbroker or custody to asking your Investor Identification Number, then the data will be available through PT Kustodian Setnral Efek Indonesia (KSEI) website.

What are dividends and when do I receive them?
Dividend is part of net profit which distributed to the shareholders base on the resolution of General Meeting of Shareholders. TELKOM will distribution the net dividend after tax.. The amount you receive depends on the number of shares you own. To receive the dividend, your name must be on the share register on the recording date which is usually sixteen stock exchange days after the announcement of Result of General Meeting Of Shareholders. If the shares are sold before the ex-dividend date or purchased after it, you will not be entitled to that dividend.

What does 'ex-dividend' mean?
The announcement of dividend payment should declare the schedule including the date of ex dividend, its date set up after the end of cum period which determine 3 days before the recording date, its mean that the trading on ex dividend period, the shares are not entitle to the dividend. Trading on the period of cum dividend means, the share you buy entitle with the dividend.
The dividend is paid to shareholders on the number of shares held at the record date. The record date is sixteen days after the announcement of dividend payment in the stock exchange. If you receive a dividend having recently sold your shares and are unsure whether you are entitled to it, contact the agent who acted on your behalf in the sale. Depending on the terms of the sale, the dividend may be due to the new owner.

How can I have my dividends paid?
You can have your dividends paid directly into your securities account on your stockbrokers or custody. For shareholders who hold shares certificate TELKOM send payment instruction to your address you may claim your dividend to the bank stated on the instruction. Your tax voucher will be posted to your at the time of payment.

Who should I contact if I have lost my dividend cheque (SPPD)?
If you lose your dividend cheque you should contact our Registrars as soon as possible, confirming which payment has been lost. They will then arrange to blocking the cheque and transfer the dividend directly to your bank account. There is no fee for this service.
What should I do if I have found an out-of-date dividend cheque?
If you return the cheque to our Registrars, and it is found to be outstanding, they will arrange to transfer your dividend directly to your bank account, maximum delays of dividend payment is 5 (five) years. If you not claim your dividend after 5 years the dividend will expired and back to the companies retained earning.

Do I have to pay tax on my dividends?
When a dividend is paid, we deduct your dividend with income tax, you will receive a tax voucher showing the net amount of dividend received and the tax deemed to have been paid. For domestic retail investor the dividend tax is final 10 %, to the other investor dividend tax will deducted as the regulated rate.

Posted on March 17, 2009